1. There are over 70 breeds of cats, recognized by The International Cat Association (TICA), each with their own unique characteristics and physical traits.
2. Cats have sharp retractable claws and are natural hunters.
3. Cats dream, just like people do.
4. Cats use their whiskers to “feel” the world around them in an effort to determine which small spaces they can fit into.
5. Cats have 230 bones, while humans only have 206.
6. Cats are known for their grooming behavior and will spend hours licking their fur to keep it clean.
7. Cats have a unique collar bone structure that allows them to always land on their feet, even from a fall.
8. Cats have a strong sense of smell and use it to communicate with each other and find food.
9. In an attempt to resolve a confrontation, cats yawn.
10. Despite their reputation as independent animals, cats are often affectionate and enjoy companionship from humans.
11. Cats can run up to 30 mph.
12. An adult cat can jump up to six times their body length in a single bound.
13. Cats have a flexible spine and strong hind legs that allow them to easily change direction and land on their feet.
14. Cats spend about 15 – 20 hours a day resting or sleeping.
15. Cats have excellent hearing and can pick up sounds at much higher frequencies than humans.